Saturday, May 4, 2013
Project 365-ish: May 4, 2013
bathroomcam pinhole camera, paper negatives, various test exposures, developed in Caffenol-C
"OMG!" An image! (I'm really too old for omg)
Thank you, my Flickr pals, for helping me out with the bathroomcam! I made some modifications- smaller pinhole, a "baffle" to selectively block out parts of the image on the ceiling and walls, and a blanket over the bathroom mirror. (-:
In The Great Picture video, Rob mentioned that they originally calculated their exposure time to be 6-7 days, but when they did their test exposures, they settled on a 35-minute exposure. That made quite an impression on me. So I figured if their focal length of 58 feet only needed 35 minutes, I'd start my tests at 7, 13, and 20 minutes. (my focal length is 89 inches)
I think I'll try a 30-minute test exposure today, and see if I can pick up some of the dark background around the chair (tree and grass) Perhaps I'll preflash my negatives, too...
George is now on a much needed break from his chair, but will be back in the saddle again tomorrow, for Cinco de Mayo Pinhole Day, for his bathroomcam portrait. (-: